The Casual Tourist Guide to West London
The Casual Tourist Guide to West London
West London is known for being a leafy, posh part of the city. Walk down almost any street and you’ll see rows of stunning Victorian houses as far as the eye can see. Londoners here also appreciate having lots of beautiful green spaces to enjoy, no matter the weather... we’ll go for a walk through Kensington Gardens even when it’s raining!
Amazing high-end restaurants, cute cafes serving top-notch coffee and treats, and unique shops worth a browse, many of which you’ll see recommended in this guide, also characterize west London. As usual, I’ve only included the ones I LOVE to recommend to friends and family, and I think you’ll enjoy them too.
This guide covers Notting Hill, Kensington and Paddington, but you might notice that the majority of the recommendations are around the area you’ll know so well due to a certain Julia Roberts film. That’s because of all of west London, in my opinion, it has the best vibe and the best spots.
So... you're the type of tourist who...
... doesn't want to cram fifty sights and activities into a day.
... doesn't need to see every tourist site.
... doesn't want to stand in a line for an hour just to sit in a pod with thirty other people for thirty minutes.
Or maybe you even live in London and you just want to experience as much of it as possible in the evenings and on the weekends.
You're my favourite type of tourist... a casual tourist.
We've made these guides for YOU.
Get to know the underbelly of London with a detailed list of a Londoner's best recommendations for what to do, see, eat and drink.
What's in the Casual Tourist Guides?
A curated list of:
- Sights and Points of Interest that one of those vanilla guidebooks would never tell you about
- Fun activities and tours to help you experience the alternative side of the area
- Local cafes to park up and enjoy a coffee in
- Pubs to visit that will be filled with Londoners enjoying a pint and a roast
- Unique markets and can't-miss restaurants
- Sexy bars for sipping elaborate cocktails in
- Shops selling interesting and eco-friendly treats to take home
Each guide has:
- Approximately 50 recommendations
- Insider tips, opening hours, price range, Google Maps link, dietary restriction info and wheelchair accessibility status
- Printable checklist of all of the recommendations in the guide. Keep track of which ones you've experienced so far.
- NEW: Digital Map to help you visualise where each recommendation is in relation to the others, and to help you navigate when you're on the ground in London.
*You'll receive this guide immediately upon purchase via digital download.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to receive my guide?
You'll receive this guide immediately upon purchase via digital download.
How do I save the guides to my phone/laptop?
To most easily access your Love and London guides and to make sure you can always reference them into the future, you’ll need to download your files to one or more of your devices. It’s fairly straightforward but if you are not sure how to do that then follow these steps.
Get in touch with us if you need us to reset your download attempts as each guide can be downloaded five times by default.
I have the 3-Day Itinerary, are the Casual Tourist Guides similar?
Loved the addition of the digital map - great value for money. Will have to try the central guide next!
Bought this guide for myself and my husband to explore more of this city. Been here a year and still feel like a tourist. This guide has been helpful in selecting some cool places to take our family when they visit over Easter.
Absolutely love it! Not the usual attractions that one can get in most London guides. I've been to London a few times, but this one give a better feel of the local vibes. Great work!
Great guidebooks. Great new ideas for my London trip this year. Really good job Jess.
Thank you so much for this. On my 2nd trip to London I really want to be the casual tourist! My son is vegan, so the key is especially helpful and great idea. I couldn't imagine the time and effort it would take me to research all of this to put together for myself. So I appreciate a product like this. Beautiful layout.